Monday, February 7, 2011

Little Old Lady


The other night, I went on a call in the Heart Hospital & this little old lady was in the bed.

She wanted her over the bed light replaced, so she could read. No problem there, except I was going to have to move her, so I could replace all the bulbs.

I was just being my dumb ass self & making her laugh, when she told me I had the most beautiful color of hair.

I thanked her for the compliment, then told her, it was out of a bottle. The look on her face was priceless. She didn't believe me & I told her it was the truth. I told her that I had just come off of a stretch of having 6 days off & didn't shave while I was out. I said my beard looked like a rainbow, every color of the spectrum was in it.

She said I should never tell anyone that I had dyed it & I said, well I could probably get away with not saying anything to a young girl, but I certainly couldn't get away with a lie to such a worldly female such as herself.

She told me that I had made her day. I reciprocated & thanked her for the pleasure of her conversation.

Truth is, she made my day. Compliments are rare, but it is even harder to find someone who in less than ten minutes, you feel like you could tell them anything.

No comments: