Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Flashback.

When I was a little kid, I had a pedal car over at my grandma's house. I don't know who bought it, & with a shitload of gran-kids, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who tooled around in it.

But I remember having a good old time back then. Between having to go cut my own switch to beat my ass for something I did. My Grandma never whipped me, it was always my parents who thought that mind messing punishment up.

My Grandmother died in 1972 when I was 9, so I have no idea what happened to it, but I sure remember peddling around on her porch when I was a able to squeeze my ass in it.

She had every TV guide stacked up in a spare room & she loved to do the puzzles, which I do as well. She loved westerns. I use to be over there & remember her watching The Big Valley, Gunsmoke & Wagon Train. And, she had a smell to her, that I can never really explain to anyone. When she would hug me, she had what I call, my Grandma smell.

Most people saw her with her hair all wound up around her head in braids, but at night, she undid it & her hair was freaking long. My Grandpa died right before I was born, so I never got to meet him, but every time I see something on TV about a pedal car...I drift back to the late 60's.

Every time I was over there, she would make me a chocolate cake & I would wind up sitting in her lap in her rocking chair. I would spend Friday night & was up early watching Archie & Broom Hilda on the TV on Saturday. Sitting around with her cat Mr. Big & her Collie, Kitty.

I sure do miss my Grandma hug.