Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Monday, August 22, 2016

Off the grid.

I can't believe it has been that long since I threw out a post. I guess you just get caught up trying to get so much shit done, that other things seem to take a back seat.

I have been semi-stalked, which freaked me out. I have been taking care of my parents (which is hard to do when you work full time) But they are kind of cool to hang around, because it is like they are stoned, without them actually doing drugs. Unless you have parents getting older, you have no idea of what I'm talking about, but there are others who can understand where I am coming from.

Today, I decided to head to Fenton & splurge & buy me a couple of books that I have been waiting on to drop in a local used book store. Since they haven't, I made a road trip. Here is what pisses me off. They had them, so I ponied up the dead presidents to purchase them (I was happy) But the young chick behind the counter asked me if I had a discount card...No....Well, would you like to have some information about it?...Ok....

She gave me the brochure & I left the store. As I glanced the information...They are willing to provide me with a card, if I am willing to plop down some money to purchase it. It isn't enough that I am willing to pay way more than I would want to buy a book in your store...Now, you are willing to give me a discount, if I buy a card.

So, let me say, suck my left nad B&N. I very seldom splurge on myself, but I'll be damned if I am going to pay for the privilege of spending more outrageous money in your store. I could have easily downloaded the material (free of charge I might add) & read it on my phone or computer. But since I actually like holding a book in my hand, I tossed some business your way. I won't do that shit anymore.

I don't pay to gain entrance to a gun show & I won't pay to have a card that might give me a discount for a book that I can read for free. There is a reason these stores are going under. They try their best to bend you over the new Sci-Fi rack & I have enough people trying to tickle my prostate as it is.