Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Flashback.

This old Polaroid is me & my sister, standing in front of my Dads car, in the trailer park we lived in at the time in 1974 or 75.

They had a thing at school called grub day back then. It was kind of like Sadie Hawkins day, years before. The school allowed us to dress like a bum, or my pick that year, dress like a girl. I can't remember if this was 6th or 7th grade.

I put on a dress & stuffed my top with old socks. I actually had a couple of guys ask me out, thinking I was a new girl student, because I played it to the hilt. I had one dude (I remember who it was) but to spare him the embarrassment of naming him, follow me around all day, trying to get me to go out with him. I finally spoke in my own voice & pulled my top down & showed him my socks. Yeah, he was pissed then & started to give me shit, until I told him I would kick his ass.

We had some good times living there. We would play can on deck or ghost in the graveyard & you had to drag us in at night, because unlike the kids of today, we spent most of our time playing outside. No cell phones, or video games back then. We played Army or a thousand other games with the other kids who lived there. One day we hated each other, the next, we were buddy's again.

My childhood flew by.