Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Hello ice.

This was what I started getting into as I was making my way in to work yesterday. I was ahead of the curve & made it with no problems, but Dave Murray sure missed this one. He played it off like it wasn't going to be that bad.

As soon as I was on the clock, I was outside throwing salt, because all the entrances were icing up. Our outside contractors took their sweet time getting on site, but eventually they showed up & started hitting it hard. Good thing, because I was busy running customer service calls then.

We had a bad plumbing problem come back, that we spent most of the night on a few days ago & no plumbing contractor wanted to come in because of the bad weather. Tag, I'm it.

I tossed some weight in the back of my truck & on the way home, I saw lots of folks off the road, crashed vehicles & a whole lot of abandoned cars. As we caught the weather at the end of the night, Diamond Dave said tomorrow is going be a crap fest of ice, rain & snow. I hope he is wrong on this call, but I'm thinking he might get this one right.


Looks like I might be able to make it in, but I might have to spend the night. It's always a coin toss on road conditions around Missouri anymore. I know this, I don't want to be counted among those who wind up in a ditch, because it was too bad to be driving. Hello work...I'm going to just spend the day under a nice warm blanket.

Yeah, right.