Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Last to know...

I have lots of folks come to me & ask me all kinds of questions & most of the time, I have the answers or can find it out for them. Yet, while being known as a guy who has the answers...How come sometimes, you find yourself the last person to know things that are really important when they involve you.

Example? just one of many...Let me grab one... Way back, years ago, I was living with this gal & we were planning on getting married. Long story short, I caught her boning a guy, who I went out of my way to get a job. Now, I was floored, but not as much as when I found out that everyone I knew....And I mean everyone, knew about it, except me.

Not one of them bothered to tell me.

When I asked why, they said, well, you would never have believed us. Really? When lets say, 50 people know something, you would think at least one of them would take the chance to clue my dumb ass in.

Nope. People I would walk through fire for, were just pleased to allow me to go ahead & marry a cheating whore. Which she was by the way.

So, while it took me many more years & examples, to finally realize that if I want to know something, I need to depend on myself. That, & I can't trust anyone who tells me shit anyway. Because as I am wiser, I still have people do it to me. These days, I can spot bullshit as soon as they open their mouth & start to let it roll off of their tongue.


Sometimes, I just let them go on. Other times, I have to stop them & say, talk to the hand. Either way, here is some advice. If you want something done right, do it yourself. If someone tells you something, take it with a grain of salt, because most of it is probably embellished.