Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Saturday, December 31, 2016

So much for sleep.

 I was going to come straight home and crash. But I popped in the movie Denial.

It blows my mind that there are actual people who believe that the Holocaust never happened.

Many years ago, I was talking to a World War two soldier who is now gone. He was showing me a location of two buried Civil War soldiers. Throughout the day, we talked about many things and out of the blue, he started telling me about how, as a young soldier, he was there, when they liberated a camp.

The horrible things he described to me that day. He just let it all pour out. Then he told me that he had never spoken of it to a living person. He then thanked me for allowing him to rest his soul. He took my hand in both of his and shook it and smiled.

He told me to never forget.

I promised I wouldn't.