Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Thursday, January 5, 2017

They just don't make them like they use to.

That pretty much applies to everything these days. (a good woman comes to mind) This electronic ballast was bad & as I loosened the locking nuts & went to pull it out, it just came apart in my hand.

Of course, the old ones lasted forever, but they were made with toxic components & when they did finally give up the ghost, they would at times, burst into flames. I have had the new ones do the same, but they will melt.

It was a night of busy calls, two right after another & Uncle Buck took off for some days to head to Michigan (Hope he likes driving in snow) We are suppose to get some accumulation, but depending on who you listen to, it varies as to how much. I made it home before it started falling & as I look out the window, it still isn't coming down.

I made the mistake of stopping at White Castle on the way home. They were good going down, but not so much coming back up. I don't think I'm getting sick (yet quite a few folks at work have been) but they just didn't seem to agree with me. Perhaps my body is trying to tell me something. The cold brew I'm drinking seems to be settling my stomach.


Perhaps it is revenge for the Deliverance joke I made at my friends expense earlier tonight. I just alluded to the fact that he played a mean banjo in that movie.