Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Sometimes the greatest feeling....

Is when you get home & can finally peel off your socks.

I had a new employee start last night & he was baptized with a main feeder for a building, bursting & having extremely hot heating water start flooding the area.

Lucky for me, it was on a ground floor & only effected that one & the basement area below it. Of course, in the middle of this fiasco, I had the crackhead calls come in as well, so I was pretty busy & didn't get much of a break.

I keep forgetting that I have a phone that also shoots video, so I didn't record any of the wonderful adventure. I just got up to pop me another cold brew & my feet feel like someone beat the bottoms of them with a bamboo stick. A shout out to my painters who pulled off of their project to help suck up water.


When I left, the contractors were there waiting for the welder to show up to torch the pipes together. The area that blew was in a finished ceiling chase & I would estimate that that piece of pipe was installed in around 1969. When this shit happens it is never a Goldilocks moment. In other words, it is either scalding water or freezing cold. The new guy was like, man that is the worst flood I have seen...

Me & uncle buck laughed & said, that was nothing, believe me...They get a lot worse. Just wait until it is a main sewer line that is spewing big giant hairy glow in the dark turds....

The look on his face was priceless.....