Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Thursday, April 27, 2017

My kingdom for dry draws....

Just as I was sitting down for lunch... Some nimrod snapped off a sprinkler head. Fun & mayhem ensued.

As we were trying to contain the flood & suck up water with wet vacs, I attempted to shut off the flow to the busted fitting alongside of the fire department. As soon as I stepped in the room, the water was so cold, it simply was taking my breath away.

Long story short, I finally found the shut offs in the ceiling, after the dayshift fire system guy called me. 5 valves in one area. Of course, it turned out to be the last one I closed. The rest of the night was sucking up water & cleaning up. I did stop to change clothes, but since I didn't have an extra pair of shoes, my feet stayed wet. I couldn't wait to get them off. (right after I popped a cold one)

They asked me if I wanted to stay & work another shift, but lets just be nice here & I'll say, I declined. Joey hasn't been getting the love he deserves & until I do, I'm not interested in working until I drop.


Suckers walk, money talks....