Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Happy Birthday Mom.

Today, my Mother turned 74. My sister brought her some wine, but she is on blood thinners as it is & she doesn't drink. But you never know what your parents do when you are not in the room. I don't want to think about that.

We celebrated & I asked her if she felt any older. She said, no, in my mind, I'm still a young girl, but since I had my eyes fixed, I looked in the mirror & can't believe that that is me looking back.

I told her, I know the feeling, but it beats the alternative.

The last ten years or so, my Mom has been through a lot of shit with her health (stuff I don't want to go through) Perhaps it will skip the first born & be passed to the second child instead. Not that I'm wishing anything bad on my sister, but she did say if I get in a bad situation, she will never wipe my ass if I can't.

It has been a busy weekend & I still have to cut my grass & check if it is time to change my oil in the little red beast. Looks like I'm going to be busy tomorrow as well.

No rest for the smart ass first born, as he drinks a cold one & eats party peanuts.


Mom wouldn't tell me what she wanted for her birthday, so I just stuffed some cash in a card. (that sang, let's get it started in here) She can party pretty hard with that...

I don't want to think about that.