Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Just another day at the land of the crackheads.

Danny retired last week, but they haven't peeled off his name from his mail slot. I noticed that someone had put this in his box & I sent it to him.

The reply: Yeah, I'll get right on that. Lol.

I was up on a ladder, taking out a bad ballast & I was cutting & rewiring the nest that the contractors had installed. The ladies were sitting behind a desk watching me when my dispatcher called me. She mumbled something that reminded me of the old cartoon Go Go Gophers. I didn't stop what I was doing, but kept on working & keyed up my radio & said...Clear.

This one gal asked me...how in the hell did you understand anything she just said? I still kept on installing the new ballast & told her...I didn't. She laughed & asked me, well how are you going to know what you need to go address? I then looked at her & said, well...I'm going to have to go all the way down to my shop & log on to the computer & look up the request, then go to wherever it is & fix whatever is broken. She said, well that seems like such a waste of time, not to mention that it causes you to spend useless amounts of steps.


I smiled & said, welcome to my world.