Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Sad news..

I got a text last night, right as my shift was winding down (oh, I still had a few crazy calls yet to get) from an old friend, letting me know her younger sister passed away from Cancer.

She had been putting up the good fight for awhile, but last night, she finally lost her battle.

I've lost more friends & family to Cancer, than anything else. We can put a man on the moon, but we still haven't been able to eliminate this terrible disease overall. There have been many success stories. I know people who have beat it. I had a tumor removed in 1999 that turned out to be benign, but it could have went the other way. (they still had to slice open my face behind my right ear, to get to it) I still haven't regained all my facial sensation. If I would get in a hurry when I was shaving, I would cut myself pretty badly because I didn't feel the razor. But I'm almost a 100% now.

I had one friend who had what the doctor's called the most curable Cancer, yet, everything that they normally would do to get rid of it in him, just caused it to become more aggressive & after two major painful surgeries, he wound up losing his fight. The doctor's couldn't understand it & couldn't do anything to stop it.

I had another friend, who was just about ready to retire & when he went to the doctor, they told him he had two months to live. They did what they could, but almost to the day, two months later, he passed away.

I don't have the answer.

All I know is we need to spend every day, enjoying the gift of life. Trying to love each other, instead of disagreeing over what really boils down to petty things. I liked Susan. She never said a bad thing to me in all the time I knew her...That I can remember  (and with the way I can piss people off, that should say a lot about the character of the woman)

R.I.P. my friend.