Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Some days...

Are certainly better than others....

The last couple of days I have been bombarded with plumbing problems, which caused this old dog to play like naked twister...Right foot blue, left arm red... in other words, I have had to twist my old ass in positions that I did with ease as a younger man. Oh yeah, I am still the man & was able to get the job done, but I felt the burn so to say....

It is a hurt I kind of love though. My body was like, what the hell is wrong with you dude? My mind said, shut up bitch...Go in the kitchen & fix me a sandwich....

Then, late in the evening, as I was kind of strutting around like a bantam rooster (proud that I am still able to climb in spots where others say, screw that) My Pop called & told me that my cousin had passed away in his sleep.

Talk about something coming out of left field & punching you in the face.

Seems he had laid down to take a nap & never woke up. Now that is how I want to go. I last saw him Sunday at the family reunion & in the last year or so, we were getting pretty close. He was 12 years older than me & as a kid, I use to call him Uncle. I'll never forget that it was him who taught me how to tie my shoe laces as a kid. Kind of funny the shit you never forget. I was always running around with my shoes all untied (because, I hated to wear shoes & never gave a crap if they were on or not) He sat me down & said, let me show you something & BAM, I never had shoes kick my ass again.


I'm drinking a cold one to him right now! As a matter of fact, he bought me a couple of cases of beer for giving him a hand (because I wouldn't take any money from him for it) & he dropped them off at my parents house, because he was as hard headed as I am. So... have no fear, I need a triple shot of that stuff;~)